Tag Archive: Form 90-22.1

Foreign Bank Account Reporting to Treasury Depatement due soon

Written by May 1, 2013

The IRS and the Treasury Department are getting increasingly interested in U.S. citizens who maintain foreign bank, savings, and investment accounts. If you have any foreign investments, there’s an approaching reporting requirement that you should be aware of. You are required to file “Treasury Department Form 90-22.1,” the “Report of Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts,” if you have a financial...