Special tax benefits apply to members of the U. S. Armed Forces. Here are some of those benefits:
1. Deadline extensions – Some military can get extensions on some tax deadlines, especially those who serve in a combat zone.
2. Combat Pay – Certain combat pay is not taxable. Service in support of a combat zone may also qualify.
3. Moving Expenses – You may be able to deduct some unreimbursed costs if the move is due to a permanent change of station.
4. Uniforms – Can be deductible for purchase and upkeep.
5. Joint Returns – Generally most spouses must sign. However if your spouse is unable to sign due to military duty, you may be able to sign for your spouse.
These are only a few of the benefits available to military members. If you have further questions, feel free to contact the office.
Tags: Armed Forces
Written by: Doug Rodrigues